Cancel your housing benefit and/or council tax reduction 

eg. 01/01/2000

Details of the cancellation

Please give details such as a forwarding address if you are moving


It is an offence for anyone to make a statement or produce information that they know to be false, in order to obtain Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction. A person, if convicted, can be fined, sent to prison or both.   
You must tell us within 21 days of the date any change occurs that could affect your Council Tax. Failure to do so may result in a penalty of ¬£70.00 which is payable in addition to any increased charge.                                                                                                                                                                                                     
You must tell us within one month of the date any change occurs that could affect your Housing Benefit. Failure to do so may result in an overpayment which may be recoverable from you.


We will use the information you give in this form and any supporting evidence you send us to determine the end date for your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction and your Council Tax Liability. We may pass the information to other agencies or organisations such as the Department for Work and Pensions, the Jobcentre Plus and HM Revenue and Customs, as allowed by the law. By law, we may check the information you have provided, or information provided about you by someone else, against other information we already have. We may also ask other agencies, organisations, local authorities or government departments to give us information they have about you. This is to make sure the information is accurate, prevent or detect crime and protect public funds. This includes government departments, local authorities and private-sector companies such as banks and organisations that may lend you money.     
We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes unless the law allows us to. Folkestone & Hythe District Council is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. If you want to know more about what information we have about you, or the way we use that information, you can ask.